notifacation problem& activate JIRA account

yosser.mahfoudh January 7, 2021

when i create a ticket on belhaf of the client even if i oboarded him in help desk he didn't receive an email he is not able to create an account for the service desk. When I fill out his email he doesn't receive a activation link. he checked his spam inbox as well.

how can i  activate his JIRA account?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

First check that his account is there and active in admin > user management > Jira service management page. Next verify he is listed as a customer in the appropriate project. Note that when you open the issue on behalf of the customer be sure to use the “report issue” link in the side bar. Does the user show up in the drop down for reporter?

"admin > user management > Jira service" where i can find this path please ?

he is listed as a customer in the project .

“report issue” link in the side bar (could you send a screenshot about ths one please ) ?

yes he show up

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

You must be a site-admin to access the first. You would see the Cog icon in top right if you have access. 

sorry I meant “raise a request” in the sidebar. 

Try emailing the customer the portal link and see if they can login. If they have not set their password previously it should request they create. If they have set password and forgotten it will have to be reset. 

when he put his login he can't activate his account , he didn't receive a activation link. 

I don't have admin permission. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2021

So it seems this customer can now login? As to the missing email I can’t really debug why this may have occurred. You can have your admin and IT assist with this. 

Suggest an answer