non-User email notification

Tom Allison July 29, 2012

I would like to configure Jira so the customer can be sent an email on certain Notification events but without adding every customer email address as a Jira User - that would create an absurd number of jira users to the system when we only have 100 bona-fide people.

I don't see any way to set up the mail handler to add the From: address to any field in the system so that I can set up a Notification Schema.

Is there? How?

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2012
0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2014

Currently there isnt a solution available (that I know of) for a full lifecycle interaction of email only users with OnDemand JIRA, all addons listed above are all for Download only.

That said, I have a project underway right now for this exact scenario, more news in the next month or two.

0 votes
Anthony Tippett March 11, 2014

This is a critical feature that is missing... there are many people that need to be notified that aren't users of issues or updates. I'm guessing jira doesn't provide this because of they way they do their pricing. Seems like there's ways around it though.

0 votes
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 30, 2012

Hi Tom,

You are correct that you cannot add non-users to a notification scheme. You can use the JIRA "Share" feature to alert any email address of an issue, but they won't be able to be integrated into true notifications.

Since you are using the hosted version of JIRA, this makes it tricky as well, since there are plugins that have some of this functionality but you can only install them on the download version of JIRA.

Another option you have is to open up your JIRA instance to anonymous access:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Allowing+users+to+create+issues+anonymously

Users could view anything in the "anonyous-enabled" project, but they still wouldn't be able to get true notifications :(

-Simon

Tom Allison August 8, 2012

That's a very helpful answer even if it's not exactly what I'm looking for...

Are you aware of any activity in RemoteApps that would be of interest?

JIRA Email This Issue Plugin -- is this one of the non-OnDemand options?

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question