matrix of tasks

Donna Macauley April 26, 2018

I have a set of steps that need to be performed on many servers. The steps will vary. For example, in Case A steps 1-6 will be done. In case B steps 3-5 will be done. In Case C steps 2 and 6 will be done. The team would like to have a way to show the Case and track that each task has been individually performed on each server?

So I'm thinking that Case A would be the issue, and I'd like to see a matrix of the steps and the servers and to be able to check them off as completed. The number of servers could go into the 1000s.

The team is planning to use a spreadsheet to track this process, but I'm wondering if it is possible to track it in JIRA? Do you know of a matrix plugin or another solution?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2018

My instinct would be to reach for scripts and automation.

When something needs doing, create an issue, then have scripts/automation to create a sub-task for each required step, assigned to different people, and closing the master issue when all complete.  You could vary the sub-tasks by type of issue very easily.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events