jira refused to connect

Togy Admin May 28, 2018

Dear All,

We have a Jira instance on AWS, I deployed with dynamic IP then changed IP to EIP, now Jira Refuses to connect. I've checked the server.xml file but nothing in there.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Onur.

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2018

@Togy AdminYou changed IP address,  to static address

1. Make sure that  your Jira database server is running and know the hostname/IP address(best)  and  the  database user credentials(username and password) you use to  connect  jira API to  database.

2.Make sure you  are in the same network to  avoid mis-communication btw Jira server and database server.

3. On the host which  you  have the Jira server,  perform  reset to the Ethernet adapter and check  IP address of  Jira server, make sure you  have the static address shown.

4. Remove  the dbconfig.xml file  in  Jira home folder. this file will  be re-created again after restart.

5. Restart Your Jira  instance and see what  happens.

Please  Try it in your  Test environment First!

Best regards,

Togy Admin May 29, 2018

Hi Moses,

Thank you so much for your time and prompt reply.

Actually we're not using an external database for the Jira and BB, while wandering in the system and following your guidance I found a very interesting clue which is about Catalina.

I tried to stop the Catalina at first and I had the following note:

Waiting for the process to end and use of the - force option require that $CATALINA_PID is defined. 

I tried to force stop Catalina but had the same note and I decided to start it which solved the problem magically! :)

I got the notes as below:

Existing PID file found during start.

Removing/clearing stale PID file.

Tomcat started.

and Jira interface loaded successfully!!

after this I decided to increase the Server config and stopped our AWS, increased the pack and started which took me to the very beginning and I started Catalina again. 

Seems like Catalina having issues with system shutdowns! :)

Thank you so much again for your time and guidance Moses, I hope this case helps people who is having the similar / same issues.

All the best.

Onur

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2018

@Togy AdminI am happy that  i am are able to  help :) it will be nice to click accept solution so that  people with  this  kind of problem  will  use it .

Best! :)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 29, 2018

Not an answer, but a note about something in one of the comments.

Please make sure you move off the internal database and on to a supported one as soon as possible.  The built-in database is not suitable for production - it does not scale well, but more importantly, can (and will) fail catastrophically without warning.

Togy Admin May 29, 2018

Oh! Thank you so much for the warning :) I'll move off as soon as possible! I'm backing up frequently but I don't want to face a catastrophic failure.

Suggest an answer