• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

it is possible to export JIRA time duration fields in Days, Hours and Minutes instead of seconds

girish_shenoy Community Leader Jan 13, 2021

This is an open issue since quite long time. I wanted to know if there is a way to export JIRA duration fields to CSV in Days, Hours, minutes format as by default it renders in seconds.

I tried editing duration-columnview.vm and no luck. Version of JIRA is 8.14 Any help is highly appreciated!

PS: I tried workaround on https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Export-Estimates-in-hours-Day/qaq-p/58647 and no luck!

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Jan 13, 2021

@girish_shenoy

Welcome to the community.  Jira stores duration in seconds and exports it in seconds.  Most individuals I know just divide by number of seconds to convert to the proper format that they would like.  You can also use a plugin like Better Excel Export https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212652/better-excel-exporter-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview to accomplish what you would like.  You can use their formulas or functions to do it on the export.

girish_shenoy Community Leader Jan 20, 2021

Thank you.

HI @girish_shenoy 

As @Brant Schroeder mentioned, you can definitely achieve this with Better Excel Exporter for Jira.

See this example. Here the values are formatted in hours, but you can format them as minutes or days it that fits your use case better:

jira-cross-project-worklog-report-pivot-table.png

girish_shenoy Community Leader Jan 20, 2021

Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

876 views 14 20
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you