it is possible to export JIRA time duration fields in Days, Hours and Minutes instead of seconds

Girish_Shenoy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

This is an open issue since quite long time. I wanted to know if there is a way to export JIRA duration fields to CSV in Days, Hours, minutes format as by default it renders in seconds.

I tried editing duration-columnview.vm and no luck. Version of JIRA is 8.14 Any help is highly appreciated!

PS: I tried workaround on https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Export-Estimates-in-hours-Day/qaq-p/58647 and no luck!

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

@Girish_Shenoy

Welcome to the community.  Jira stores duration in seconds and exports it in seconds.  Most individuals I know just divide by number of seconds to convert to the proper format that they would like.  You can also use a plugin like Better Excel Export https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212652/better-excel-exporter-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview to accomplish what you would like.  You can use their formulas or functions to do it on the export.

Girish_Shenoy
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2021

Thank you.

Like Brant Schroeder likes this
1 vote
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 14, 2021

HI @Girish_Shenoy 

As @Brant Schroeder mentioned, you can definitely achieve this with Better Excel Exporter for Jira.

See this example. Here the values are formatted in hours, but you can format them as minutes or days it that fits your use case better:

jira-cross-project-worklog-report-pivot-table.png

Girish_Shenoy
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2021

Thank you

0 votes
JM Flores August 7, 2022

Unfortunately, JIRA either converts it to seconds or minutes. I have a value of 300 that I thought was seconds, but then checked the actual ticket and it shows that its original value is put in hours. Do we have a workaround on this one? greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you

JM Flores August 7, 2022

Please disregard this, I may have mixed up the main ticket vs the subtask that I was looking at. I thought I was sure that JIRA had mixed up minutes and seconds on its display results. Thank heavens that it's not the case. 

Suggest an answer