import Agile boards

Deleted user July 15, 2014

I have created a test Jira system with Agile plug in also added.

I have then imported the DB and everthing was there except the Boards that should be in Agile.

I can create boards but is there no way I can export the boards from Live and then import them to test version

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Answer is. You need to import the .zip back up file as a whole.

Don't unzip it.

Thanks for you help.

0 votes

Yes thats what I am doing.

Import entities.xml,

then try to import active_objects.xml using the same method as previous impot but I get the error msg:

Error importing data: org.xml.sax.SAXException: The XML document does not contain the <entity-engine-xml> root element or it was closed too early.

What you think?

Is that the correct prosess.

Import entities.xml 1st and then active_objects.xml next

0 votes
Ivan Maduro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2014

Hi Martin,

How did you import the data into JIRA? If you use the normal XML import method(making sure both entities.xml and active_objects.xml are present) all of your Filters and Agile boards (as well as historical data) should come along.

JIRA Agile relies on Filters and the custom fields within the issue. Can you check if the Filters from your old instance are present? If they are you can also recreate your boards and simply point them at your existing filters which should load them as before.

Cheers,

Ivan.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events