iDalko Table Grid plugin: 2 parameters JQL

Jon Chandra September 9, 2022

I would like to be able to find issues that contain a table grid that meets criteria of Column1=X AND Column2=Y

Is that possible?

I see this syntax : issue in grids(grid_name, "Column1=X", "Column2=Y") but it seems it returns issues that contain Column1=X OR Column2=Y

1 answer

1 vote
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 10, 2022

Did you try

issue in grids(grid_name, "Column2=Y") and issue in grids(grid_name, "Column2=Y")
Jon Chandra September 12, 2022

I presume you meant 

issue in grids(grid_name, "Column1=X") and issue in grids(grid_name, "Column2=Y")

If so - yes. In effect it's giving me OR operator : finding all issues with table grid with column1= X or column2 = Y 

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 12, 2022

(Sorry for the typo)

This should give you all the issue that matches both conditions.
Is this not the case?

Can you try it manually?

Jon Chandra September 13, 2022

I see I should've phrased my question more carefully :)

In effect, this is what I have

Column 1     Column2

X                   Z

A                   Y

I want a JQL that returns value only if both X and Y residing in the same row. The syntax you suggested will return this table.

francis
Marketplace Partner
September 14, 2022

Hmm

issue in grids(grid_name, "Column1=X")

Should return row 1

issue in grids(grid_name, "Column2=Y")

Return row 2

And the 'AND' operator should only return the overlapping issues.

Can you test the queries as such?

Jon Chandra September 14, 2022

My use case - I don't want DARP-29226 returned.

Capture.PNG

francis
Marketplace Partner
September 14, 2022

Can you try the individual components of the queries and see if DARP-29226 is being returned in both queries.

Jon Chandra September 14, 2022

Correct - both issues (DARP-29226 included) is included in each component of the queriesCapture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

francis
Marketplace Partner
September 14, 2022

Can you try

"Feature = '5G NSA'" as argument?
francis
Marketplace Partner
September 14, 2022

Ignore.

The return is valid for both cases.

In the first case, it is because there is row that has the Support column set to 'Y' and the second is because the row has the 'Feature' set to '5G NSA'

Can you use the following selector

concat(Feature, '-', Support) = '5G NSA-Y'

Note - YMMV given the syntax of the underlying db

Suggest an answer