how to split sprint and backlog from different project and how to manage it?

Bertrand BARBOT March 29, 2018

hi; i have a problem from  sprints which are indicated only with one project in parameters but sprints can be found in others backlogs and this is not wanted at all. how can change that? i did not see any parameter showing that. can you help?

and same problem, when trying to change name of a sprint, it tells  "the user is not admin of various projects" but in parameters, he is the sprint admin. i don't see anything of the others project he is asking to be admin of in the sprint!

thanks for the help!

1 answer

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2018

Hi @Bertrand BARBOT

I think, you included issues from several projects into that sprint. That is why the sprint appears on various boards.

You should query, which issues are involved in your sprint with that jql:

sprint = <sprint name>

and then remove issues from the sprint.

hi, i don't see the search bar where to input that query. do you mean the search bar? it returns me a lot of results not really meaningful.

i see that several project must implemented - i dont know how - into that sprint but i don't see where, otherwise it would not have said that to me, i guess. thank you.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2018

yes, I mean the Jira search.

If you get a lot of strange results by searching for the sprint's issues, this might be your problem. Look at every single issue and try to find out, whether the active sprint setting is correct or not.

If not, you should remove the issue from the board.

Also, check your board configuration. What is your filter query for the board?

Do you have any screens, where your users are able to set a sprint manually? If so, remove the field from the screens.

filter query is only for the project.

all jira in the sprint have project's name (depc-1, 2 3 4 ...), do i have to watch the hundrer issues in the sprint?

which screen should i watch? those named in the projects in the alert when user try to renamme the sprint?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2018

If all of your issues are from the same project, you don't have to look at each of them, that makes no sense.

Did you look at the board configuration?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2018

Sorry, I see, you looked at the configuration

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2018

Please also, have a look at the configuration of the other boards, where your sprint is showing. 

ok i take a look thx

infact i have two separate problem to resume;

one user when trying to rename a sprint with error alert telling him he is not admin of several projects even all the jira issues showed are from the same project;

another user with sprint he created for his project found themselves on another backlog from his colleague and vice versa.

i can see the project used by the sprint(aka the good one :) is in the components of  projects  in the alert but not all.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2018

A project is a component? 

Are your boards based on components?

components > project administration page

where do i see it's based on components?

thx

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2018

Look at the board filter 

i went in the admin panel for each other project named in the alert asking for admin rights and there i saw depc project in  administration/component of the other project

Bertrand BARBOT April 3, 2018

hello, so here is the solution i found, you go on open issues and enter sprint = "name of you sprint" and he'll propose you all sprint looking like the one you want. in my case, it was because one was with A capital and the other a lower case.. and the other problem because the sprint was on two project... i hope it helps. thank you.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2018

@Bertrand BARBOT - great you found it!

Suggest an answer