how to disable 2 step verification

Archana Yadav January 2, 2020

how to disable 2 step verification

2 answers

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2020

If you don't have access to the authentication app and also backup keys, as I have seen if you proceed further it will send reset link to registered email id.

Recovery.png

After this you can disable 2-step verification.

In this case you should be logged-in to disable.

2-Step Verification Disable.jpg

0 votes
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2020

This is for Jira Cloud?

my jira mail id is abhisheksharma@bhavnacorp.com. I suppose thisis cloud.

I have lost the recovery key due to ehich i am unable to perform 2 step verification.

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 2, 2020

Hi @Archana Yadav 

Please go through the following page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/two-step-verification-976161185.html

This page has all the details regarding how to enable or disable Two-step verification.

I have accessed same multiple times but still unable to do so.

It is asking to login first then disable. As informed earlier , I am unable to login due to 2 step verification failure so how I will disable it. So my request is to provide me the information which illustrates disabaling the 2 step verification without login.

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 2, 2020

@Archana Yadav 

You should contact Atlassian Support. Or you can try the below:

If you have lost emergency recovery key, then

1. If you have a managed account, speak to your organization administrator.
  2. If you have an unmanaged account, click Can't find your recovery key? below the recovery code screen. Then click Send recovery email. After 48 hours you'll receive an email with a link that lets you access your account and directs you to the two-step verification settings page. You can also follow the instructions in the email to disable two-step verification or enroll a new device.

These details are also available here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/issues-with-your-account-976161189.html

How to contact Atlassian support, please suggest.

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2020

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events