how to adujest placement of an add-on in the incident page

Prabhakar Kanchu October 29, 2018

Ii have created one custom add-on and installed it on JIRA Service Desk, but its not visible when I create any service desk ticket.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2018

You will need to change the add-on so that it creates the right links in the UI.

We can't tell you more than that because you've given us no information about the add-on or your setup.

Hi Nic,

Thanks you so much for response and giving your time.

i have created hello world plug-in and installed in JIRA Service Desk trail version by following steps mentioned in the link "https://developer.atlassian.com/server/framework/atlassian-sdk/create-a-helloworld-plugin-project/".

However i am able successfully install add-on in the JIRA Service Desk, but as i mentioned earlier, add-on is not visible to test it on UI anywhere.

Could you please tell me about the configuration needs to be done in order to make the add-on visible and use it on UI ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2018

It depends on what you have written to provide the UI for the add-on.  I can't tell you how to make something visible when you have not told me what you have created that needs to be made visible.

i have created chatbot popup to be visible. small icon will be visible for all JIRA Service desk users.

Capture.PNGif i click on the above icon below chat window will be opened.

Capture.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2018

So what have you put into the add-on to link to it?

i have developed a chat bot for JIRA Service Desk users

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2018

That does not tell me what you have done in the add-on to tell Jira how to link to it.

i have created html file where i will call some rest service calls, like show in the chat window, i will enter my email id and press enter it will invoke a service call internally.

i have done it through html, but i want similar kind of pop up window in JIRA service desk UI

Suggest an answer