how can i delete bad labels in jira cloud next gen

Jules May 22, 2019

WHen i imported tasks, Jira Cloud Next gen created a ton of bad labels. How can I clean them out? 

2 answers

0 votes
david de vicente January 10, 2020

I still have labels which are not assigned present in the dropdown list. I would like to clean all of them... (etiquettes = labels in french)

Screenshot 2020-01-10 at 11.24.35.png

However, i dont see labels not assigned in the filter dropdown in the kanban view for example.

Screenshot 2020-01-10 at 11.25.32.png

Will be possible to clean labels manually in a next version ? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2020

So the article shared above doesn’t work? I have not attempted associated with NG so unsure if there is something unique but would expect it to work. 

david de vicente January 10, 2020

Unfortunately no. 

According to the article, an unused or unassigned label should remove itself. And this is not happening in the next gen version it seems..

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2020

I would suggest putting in a request with support and/or submit feedback. 

Like david de vicente likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2020

@david de vicente  - Did you ever get a resolution to this?

Will_y_ De Vos September 1, 2020

We are also curious for the correct solution on this. Labels that are not used, or are not assigned to a ticket (any more) should not be suggested to the user. This can avoid errors.

Thanks for a solution for this bug.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2019

you might find the following useful - how-to-delete-labels-in-jira-applications

Suggest an answer