generate license key fail

AtomZheng May 31, 2019

after installing jira in linux, i open the browser to visit jira. And it always return 

"Setup was unable to contact my.atlassian.com, please try again in a few minutes." after I input my atlassian account . How can i solve this problem.Many thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2019

It is likely that your server is firewalled off from the internet, so it can't get to the Atlassian site to start a licencing process.

You can skip this though - go to my.atlassian.com yourself in a browser and get an evaluation or production key manually - copy  and paste it into the licence field.

AtomZheng June 1, 2019

Many thanks for your answer.I have turned off the firewall and setup the cookies, but it still not effect. Also, i try to visit the atlassian.com  to generated the licence .After i copy it to the input page. Unfortunately, it return the same error.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2019

To fix the server side, try going on to the server and using route checking and lookup tools to see why it cannot reach Atlassian.  I'm only familiar with tracert and nslookup, although I know I need to learn the newer commands for it.

If you are pasting a valid licence into the licence page, I'm not sure why it would give you the same error - it does not try to contact Atlassian when it's given a good key.  Could you maybe check what type of licence you are using and try a new evaluation licence?

Suggest an answer