easyBI - Create a table with features, epics and storeis

Vivian March 6, 2019

We have a Feature ->Epics->Stories hierarchy.

I would like to create a table in easyBI that displays all the features for a particular release, the Epics (child issues) associated with each feature and the stories (issues in epic) under each epic.

I have been able to create a table that lists all the features. And I have been able to create a table listing all the epics.  Unable to create a table that links the features with the epics.

Any assistance in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2021

Hi @Vivian

You can follow the instructions here for the hierarchy you are looking for: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira/advanced-data-import-options/additional-issue-hierarchies

Thanks 

Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2021

Hi @Vivian 

Thank you @Fabian Lim for providing the eazyBI documentation page on how to define additional hierarchies in the Issue dimension.

Please look at an example from the eazyBI Demo training account, on how a quite similar configuration could look in a report - https://eazybi.com/accounts/22010/cubes/Issues/reports/376204-issue-features-hierarchy-example.

Let me know if you have any questions about defining the additional hierarchy.

Best,

Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Deleted user November 6, 2022

Hi @Roberts Čāčus 

Thanks for the example 

I am trying someting similar to your hierarchy Improvement > Feature > EPIC  > Stories , however i cant make the report to list the issues based on hierarchy same as your report. Would you be able to share what did you add in the eazyBI advanced settings.

Thanks,

James 

Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2022

Hi @[deleted] ,

The settings used for the "Feature" hierarchy in the Issue dimension is similar to the one from our documentation page - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira/advanced-data-import-options/additional-issue-hierarchies#AdditionalIssuehierarchies-HierarchywithepicsandFeatures.

In your case, you need to define two issue links, one for Improvements and the other for Features. The top level issue link for Improvements should have the parameter update_from_issue_key and point to the next level Features. See an example below:

update_from_issue_key = "customfield_feature"

Features must point to Epic with update_from_issue_key = 'epic_key', just like in the example from the documentation page.

Best,

Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Like Fabian Lim likes this

Suggest an answer