convert group to system group

Adrian Gonzalez June 23, 2021

Hi, 

I created a jira-business-group and I need to convert to System Group like jira-users...

thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

Jira (and the other Atlassian applications) don't have "system groups" as I suspect you are imagining them.  Jira-users is a group, the same as any other group you choose to add and put people into.

You can grant access and permissions to any group(s) you want.  For Jira, look first in "Manage Applications" - this lists the applications you have (Core, Software, Service Manangement) and what group(s) grant access to them.  You will find you can add and remove groups from those permissions.  These really are just about access to the applications, they don't tell you much more.

The second place to look is in "global permissions".  This is a list of things like Administrators, being able to see other users, bulk edit permissions, and so-on.  Again, you can add no, one or many groups to these.

My guess is you're thinking Jira-users is a "system group" because it has one or more of the permissions above, and it is a default group, created on installation and set up by default. There isn't actually anything special about it, you can use other groups and drop it completely if you want.

Adrian Gonzalez June 24, 2021

I find it !!! Thanks Nic!! was the first option. Thanks a lot

Suggest an answer