closing the issue

Johny rao December 20, 2012

closing the issue

2 answers

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2012

This may be a related issue - the sorting field used - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira.fields.Assignee+cannot+be+cast+to+com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira.fields.RankingField

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-2024

But this is for an old version of GH, what version of GH are you using?

Johny rao December 25, 2012

Hi Renjith,

Greenhopper version being used is GH version 5.8.7.

Also,Error is being encountered for a specific project,not for all the projects on jira.

With ref to resolution suggested in KB article ,could you please let me know the steps that should be followed to sort the ranking field.

Thanks in advance !!

Thanks,

Anshul Bharadwaj

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2012

Are you able to go to the Configuration screen of that project for GreenHopper and check which field is set for Ranking? Set the Ranking field if not set.

Johny rao December 25, 2012

Hi Renjjith,

No,am not able to access the Configuration screen for the project.The error is encountered for the project as soon as planning board is selected from the Agile drop down .

Please let me know the workaround for this so that issue can be resolved.

Thanks in advance!!

Thanks,

Anshul Bharadwaj

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 26, 2012

Last attempt, can you try accessing directly using the URL (replace the servername and the projectid)

http://yourserver:port/secure/Configuration.jspa?selectedProjectId=<<projectid>>&configTab=General

Project Id is the numeric value that you can see from the URL for configuring projects.

0 votes
Thiago Ribeiro
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2012

Anshul,

I would advise you to rebuild your index from scratch by following the steps below:

* Shutdown JIRA.
* Delete all the files in the following folders:
** <JIRA-INSTALL>/work
** <JIRA-HOME>/caches/indexes
* Restart JIRA
* Run the Re-Index. (Administration > System > Advanced > Indexing > Re-Index)

If you don't have any changes create a support ticket with Atlassian attaching your log files.

I hope it helps you!

Suggest an answer