can we restore jira data xml backup taken from a higher version lets say 7.13 on to 7.1.10 ?

Venkata Guntuku July 17, 2019

We are planning to migrate from 7.1.10 to 7.13, but in case if we wanted to get back to the previous version i.e 7.1.10, we will need the latest  data that is backed from 7.13. By the way, we are moving from Mysql (in 7.1.10) to PostgreSQL(7.13), will that cause any issues while importing data onto 7.1.10?

2 answers

0 votes
Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2019

Hi,

probably it should work with downgrade to 7.1.10 because as I look into our 7.13 instance system info there is for jira.downgrade.minimum.version mentioned version 7.1.2. But still the best way for rollback is to use backups of DB and installation a home dir.

But I suggest to try everything in test environment before migration. Then you shouldn't have any reason for downgrade.

Hi Petr,

Thanks for the information.

Yeah I will try them in the test instance before migrating the Production.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2019

No, you can't go back to a lower release. I suggest having a test instance to install upgrades and associated plugins on.  Then test to make sure you're happy with it before installing in production. 

As long as you import the data from a JIRA backup there is no problem switching between supported databases. 

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try them in the test instance before moving to production.

Suggest an answer