You don't have permission to transition this issue

JRodney Estrada November 10, 2020

Hi,

I have a user that is unable to move a specific Epic issue to close. The permission helper shows the user has the permissions to close that specific Epic issue but after reloading the page and logging out/in, it still returns the same error mesg "You don't have permission to transition this issue." I just found out another user is having the same problem with the same Epic issue.

Guess I just need help with what to look for in verifying the workflow settings.

Thanks for the help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2020

Hi @JRodney Estrada 

If the permission helper doesn't anything off, maybe there is some kind of workflow validator which is at place for this Epic? 

To trouble shoot try to see which users can close this Epic and if these "problematic" users have the ability to close other Epics (from different projects or even the same one). 

JRodney Estrada November 10, 2020

Hi @Peter Bengov ,

Good catch. I'm waiting to hear back from the user.

Updates to come...

Like Peter Bengov likes this
JRodney Estrada November 12, 2020

Looks like the problem was the status was missing an outgoing transition. It has an "All" incoming transition but nothing going out. I guess to fix, I just have to had one. Is there anything I should check before doing so since it's a live workflow? The workflow is also shared between 20+ projects. I'd just like to confirm before making any live changes.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2020

A good advise (and easily to be forgotten) is to always set a resolution. Either via workflow post-function or through a transition screen:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/best-practices-on-using-the-resolution-field-968660796.html

So the task would be to check if the "resolve transition" is properly configured.

Apart from that there not so many traps you could fall in to. Minor mistakes can be corrected as well so there is not much to be frightened of :)

Like JRodney Estrada likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events