Workload by Assignee: Invalid field

stanleyma
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 6, 2020

Hi, I'm using server Jira, we haven't been using story points for a while. 

When I was checking custom fields earlier today I found 2 exact same "Story Points" fields, so I deleted one of them. After that the workload by assignee shows "Invalid field 'customfield_10522'" where it should be "Story Points".

Seems I deleted the "default" field instead of the duplicated one, how can I reset story point field so it can be calculated?

Screenshot at Jan 07 15-10-12.png

1 answer

0 votes
Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2020

Hi @stanleyma ,

I believe that unfortunately the only way to retrieve a custom field is from a backup (see this KB). 

If you have not been using this field for a long time, maybe you could use the other one instead ?

stanleyma
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 7, 2020

Hey Antoine, thanks for the reply. 

I'm hoping there's another way to "re-connect" since restore a backup would lose some data. 

I've been looking into the database, tried to add the custom field with id 10522, it doesn't work.

I'm using another custom field "Story Points", the issue is it's not what the system "default" one, so even I can use it in screens, it won't sum in "workload by assignee". 

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2020

You can change the field used for the workload in the "Estimation" section in the board configuration. 

To my knowledge there is no other way to "re-connect" a deleted field. Maybe you could tweak the database but I would advise against that.

I am pretty sure Story Points is not a system field, it is only created by default and is a standard number field. So you can use the other one instead.

Of course you would have to check for its usage across the instance first.

Suggest an answer