Workflow editting issue as Sys Admin

Ray
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 25, 2019

Hi,

We have been made aware of an issue that is currently ongoing in our JIRA instance.
Attempting to make changes to any workflow new or existing will give  the "You can't edit this workflow right now. Project administrators can only edit workflows that aren't shared with other projects." error even when this is not relevant.

For example the steps to reproduce:

1. Create new workflow as System Admin.
  2. Make a new transition.
  3. Attempt to delete the newly made transition.
  4. Error

We thought that maybe the index was out of sync however re-indexing had no effect on the problem.

The problem seems to be consistent between our ACC and PROD environments.

Any advice is appreciated

JIRA version is 8.3.2

You can see in the screenshot how the workflow is clearly inactive yet gives the error.

Capture.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Ray
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 25, 2019

Hi John,

Thanks!

I made sure to log a support ticket as well as the issues seems to be quite particular.

We did test it across multiple users yes.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2019

Hi Ray - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Have you tried it with another Jira Sys Admin? Maybe Jira is not reading your permissions correctly. 

If that still doesn't work, I would suggest submitting a ticket to Atlassian Support here:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2019

Hopefully, Atlassian will get it straightened out for you. If you could post back here what they ended up doing for you, that would be great for future reference!

Suggest an answer