Why won't any of my statuses appear in the columns for my board?

Nathaniel Meyer January 7, 2020

I recently created a new project in Jira (Project A), and I used a shared configuration with an already- existing project (Project B). I created a board for Project A, but I don't see any mapped statuses for that board. So I went to configure the columns and there weren't any statuses there- in any of the columns or even in the 'unmapped statuses' column.

Both projects have the same exact configurations, and I can see that Project B has an active board with issues in each of it's columns, so why is this new project somehow not able to show the statuses in board?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nathaniel Meyer January 8, 2020

Thank you for the quick and helpful replies! I had to leave shortly after posting this question, and over last night a co-worker of mine actually figured this out and fixed it for me (I've only been a Jira Admin for about a month whereas he's been doing this for almost 9 years).

Apparently when using a workflow scheme that only has the (Jira) default workflow associated with issues, the Agile board will not recognize the statuses. When my co-worker was on the workflows screen, it was not showing the relationship of the (Jira) default workflow associated with Project A or Project B's workflow schemes. So he associated all issue types with a clone of the (Jira) default workflow, and then associated them back to the default workflow.

And that seems to have fixed the problem.... At least for now

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2020

Hi Nathaniel,

Since boards are not created as a part of the process of creating a new project based on a previous project, that means you had to either create the board for project B from scratch or you copied an existing board (maybe from Project A)

So, how did you create the new board for Project B?

What project is that new board (for Project B) attached to? Can you provide a screenshot of the General section of the Board settings? 

I suspect your new board is not attached to the correct project somehow. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2020

Yep, that's where I was going next. Glad you got it fixed!  :-)

0 votes
Emma Rush _T_D_ January 7, 2020

Hmmm... that is puzzling. 

Did you create the board for Project A using a filter? What's the JQL for the board?

Suggest an answer