Why does a reopened task not appear in the search for unresolved tasks when using currentUser?

Kara August 1, 2019

JQL =

resolution = Unresolved AND assignee = currentUser()

In the worflow, when a task is reopened the resolution is set back to unresolved. The issue in question is a standard substask. If you search for all task assigned to the user which are unresolved, it appears. However, if you use the currentUser field it doesn't appear.

We're using v7.3.4

2 answers

3 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2019

you need to be sure to clear the Resolution field when reopening an issue. Do this with the post-function.

Kara August 1, 2019

We have it being set to unresolved already, and it appears correctly if you search via any other method OTHER than currentUser.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2019

agree this is strange...

have you scrutinized the two that do not show? I wonder if they are closed and reopened (again) would they show. however, if they did show, that wouldn't answer the question of "why".

Kara August 1, 2019

Right now it is one specific task, a subtask. There are other reopened subtasks which appear in the list and closing and reopening this one doesn't fix the issue. Super weird

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 3, 2019

You say "We have it being set to unresolved already"

Does this mean you have "unresolved" as an option for the resolution field?

Or do you mean "We use a post-function to clear the resolution field"?

Either way, could you check what the re-open transition does in the post-functions?

0 votes
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2019

How are you using currentUser?  Are you searching for issues where Assignee = currentUser?  That will show all issues assigned to you (the currently logged in user performing the search)

Kara August 1, 2019

as written in the original description, the JQL is:

resolution = Unresolved AND assignee = currentUser()

Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2019

So that will only show your issues, are you sure the 'missing' issue is assigned to you?

Kara August 1, 2019

I want to see all tasks assigned to me which are unresolved. I can see 12 tasks when I use:

resolution = unresolved AND assignee = username

However, when I replace my specific name with currentUser, only 10 tasks appear in the list.

The question is, why do these 2 tasks not appear in the filter when the currentUser jql is used?

Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2019

Strange, have you tried running a reindex?

Like Kara likes this
Kara August 1, 2019

We did one yesterday. I didn't notice this previous to that, but maybe this has something to do with it.

Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2019

Can you run a reindex and see if it shows after that.  If not you may have to post a screenshot of the missing item to see if we can see anything odd about it!

Suggest an answer