Which project type will JCMA choose for migration?

Fifi Chau
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 28, 2024

Hi, we are planning to migrate from Data centre to Jira cloud in Jun. Currently we have only two types of project in our Jira DC: software and business. However I know that there are Kanban and Scrum project in Jira cloud (also team-managed and company-managed underneath Scrum). 

So I am wondering if we use JCMA to do the migration, will all projects become Kanban or Scrum? Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Dexter de Vera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2024

Hi @Fifi Chau ,

Welcome to Atlassian community.

Kanban and Scrum are both board type. Software and business project will be migrated as is (Software and Business). Also Kanban and Scrum board are use in Software project (same in DC and Cloud). You can check this link to know more about JCMA limitation (what is migrated and what isn't)

https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/what-gets-migrated-with-the-jira-cloud-migration-assistant/ 

Hope it helps.

Fifi Chau
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 29, 2024

Thank you for the answer!

How about the scrum project type? Will it be team-managed or company-manage or null since this feature does not appear in DC version.

Dexter de Vera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2024

Like I said. Kanban and Scrum are both board type not a project type of software project. They are both have in DC and Cloud. Dont be confuse. Also team managed project type is only available in cloud. Your DC software projects are all company managed, so when you do the migration. It still company managed project. 

Suggest an answer