Which Product First

Carl Hertz June 27, 2019

As an NPO, we just received a generous donation from Atlassian of multiple JIRA products.  We plan on at least using Core, Software, and Service Desk.  

My question is, is there a 'best' one to install first from an ease-of-configuration standpoint?  Or should we install based on greatest need?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2019

@Carl Hertz I would suggest you to install all of them, if they are not costing anything and are a donation from Atlassian.

All of them are equally easier to install and have good Atlassian documentation on installation and troubleshooting guides.

Some useful points for your information:

1. JIRA Software is meant for Agile (Scrum/Kanban) Software  Development capabilities.

2. Jira Service Desk is meant for IT Service Management capabilities.

3. If you install JIRA Software first, you can anytime install Jira Service Desk from within the JIRA Software application admin interface, without a separate installer.

4. If you install JIRA Software, you will also have access to JIRA Core projects and features, since JIRA Software is already built on JIRA Core platform.

Hope it helps !

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2019

@Carl Hertz Could you please mark my answer as accepted if it helped in resolving your query?

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2019

@Carl Hertz Could you please mark my answer as accepted if it helped in resolving your query?

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2019

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2019

I'd recommend installing Jira Software first, as the installer is a package of Core with Software already installed in it.  Then add the Service Desk application from "manage applications" after you've started it up.

Suggest an answer