Where to find SSL certificate for Cloud JIRA ? Getting javax.ws.rs.ProcessingException: javax.net.s

Rajeev Kumar June 6, 2019

Hi All, 

I am getting below error while accessing calling JIRA API. 

After going through the community i understand that we have include the SSL certificate in JVM certificate folder.

Error

javax.ws.rs.ProcessingException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
at org.glassfish.jersey.client.HttpUrlConnector.apply(HttpUrlConnector.java:229)
at org.glassfish.jersey.client.ClientRuntime.invoke(ClientRuntime.java:224)

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2019

I think you need to get a certificate for Atlassian Cloud access.  The easiest way (which feels like cheating, but does work), is to go to your Cloud system in your browser and then click the "look at certificates" option

Firefox, to pick on just one, has a padlock icon nect to the url where you can view more info about the connection, including certs.  You can use "view cert" and then save it or copy and paste it to a plain text certificate file.

The certificate the browser gives you can then be imported into the JVM

Suggest an answer