Where is the Creation date in the new issue view?

Tracy B January 22, 2020

In the new Jira issue view, I can't add the creation date to the screen. One of my workflows uses that data and it's frustrating not to be able to see it on the screen as before. 

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2020

Hi @Tracy B - On the new issue view, the creation date is listed in the bottom-right corner. Here's a screenshot:

Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 11.47.32 am.png

Hope that helps!

Tracy B January 23, 2020

Oh my goodness, it's so tiny. I would never have found it. Thanks very much! 

Daniele Margaroli January 26, 2021

Thanks!

Wayde Guedes March 18, 2021

@Kevin Bui  Are we able to add custom date and time fields next to the created date and time field?  

Like Jan Jaap Wallien likes this
Gauthier de Spa May 16, 2023

I don't understand why it is now hidden there, a regression in my opinion!

Furthermore there is still the bug/regression with relative date, in my case it is just written "Create last week" instead of "Created on the 10/05/2023".

Another occurrence of a regression bringing more loss than new design benefits... :( Please don't do like Microsoft: changing design with bugs and regressions, and many versions & years later finally understanding after thousands of complaints and reverting...

0 votes
Robert Dzido
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2020

Hi,

This data is visible on each screen by default and you don't need to add it separately.

It's shown under Dates section (right pane, below People pane) and it's called "Created". Depending on system settings you can see there releative (eg. "A few minutes ago", "Yesterday") or absolute ("01/01/2020 11:23) values.

Tracy B January 22, 2020

Not on my new issue view screen, it is not.  It does not appear on the right hand pane and it is not listed in the Configure screen for the new issue view. I only see it on the Old view, where there is a Date pane underneath the People pane.

Suggest an answer