When will Jira Server Mobile App support attachments?

Andreas October 21, 2019

We need to upload attachments to Jira directly from the smartphone camera. Is this feature in plan and if yes what is the plan to release this feature?

2 answers

0 votes
Andreas October 21, 2019

Hi @Iago Docando 

Thanks for the quick response. This issue is for Jira Cloud? We are using Jira Software Server. 

I have just tried to create a test account in Jira Cloud and installed the app. There it is possible to upload photos directly. It already supports attachments...

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2019

You're right I provided you with the wrong link but if you check it you'll see the "Using Jira Server? See the corresponding suggestion" link with the very same status.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-33130

I'm sorry as that's likely not the solution you were hoping to get

Andreas October 22, 2019

Your're right, that's not what I expected :-(

But it is still strange that this feature is available in Jira Cloud although the resolution of both issues is "Won't Do".

Both of these issues were resolved in 2015. The Jira Server app is available since Jira 8 what was released this year. 

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2019

The dates seemed terribly confusing to me aswell but in any case not that old.

activity JRASERVER-33130.png

Anyhow, as community members we can't but check the availiable information :P

If you need any extra clarification I would resort directly to atlassian support in https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/

Bests of luck :)

0 votes
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 21, 2019

Suggest an answer