When issue updated , Jira do not send email to report

Wu Yanfeng December 11, 2013

Hi ALL

When issue updated , Jira do not send email to reporter.

My jira version is 6.0.1, used default notification scheme,As the following configuration.

Help me, Pls.

Issue Updated (System)
  • Current Assignee
  • Reporter
  • All Watchers

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2013

Is the reporter the person updating the issue? If so, do they have "email me on my own changes" set on in their profile?

Does email go to watchers and the assignee ok?

Is it just one person or does it work ok for other people?

Wu Yanfeng December 11, 2013

HI Nic thanks for your answer。

Not reporter update issue, other assignee update issue。

By the way I modified my profile,【My changes:notify me】.

send email to assignee, but I do not pay attention to whether send email to watchers.

Other reporter can not reviev email when issue updated.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2013

So, from what you've said there, other people are getting the emails that Jira is generating

That strongly implies that the reporter's email is incorrect or it's being filtered out.

To prove this, you need to use two users in Jira. Both should create an issue in Jira and assign it to the other user. Then both should perform the same action on their issue (I'm assuming it's a simple "Edit"). Then check what emails arrive with both users.

Suggest an answer