What's the best way to write up administrative experience on a resume that would be eye catching?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2018

I need to bring in the monies...  

Bottom line, laid off, looking for work, need to say something more than "system admin for Jira, etc".  I'm no good at selling myself.

1 answer

2 votes
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2018

The good news is you're in a high demand space.  Talented Atlassian product administrators are extremely valuable - so feel good about the skills you have.

For Jira, I would say key words like - Jira System administration, including project management, workflow changes, customization and system maintenance, including upgrades.

If you have projects completed inside of Jira you're feeling confident about - shed some slight insights to those.  For example - created a custom project to handle incident management including workflows, notifications and escalations to change control boards.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2018

Thank you!  Appreciate the confidence booster as well.  Crossing my fingers for a new gig soon...

Suggest an answer