What does this icon do on the issues results page?

John Pfuntner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 16, 2014

I am using Jira v5.2.5 (I realize it may be old, I don't control it) and am a little confused about an icon appearing at the top of the results page when searching for issues:

Mysterious Jira icon

I'm not sure what it does. It looks disabled but when I hover over it, it seems to activate. If I click it, the screen seems to refresh but what's the point? There's another icon which is more obvious which does that.

It would be nice if a non-obvious icon like this had some fly-over help that lets me know what it does.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aseem Parikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2014

It provides a link you can copy and share with others so they see the exact same search results.

I agree though -- a tooltip would be helpful for that icon.

0 votes
John Pfuntner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 16, 2014

Now when I hover over that icon, the flyover help says "A permanent link to this search." I don't know if Chrome is playing tricks on me or if the link tag doesn't always has title or what.

Suggest an answer