Webhooks is not appearing in my JIRA Admin Advanced section of evaluation version

ramamusidipalli May 3, 2019

Hi,

I need help from you all.

We are trying to prototype Integrating JIRA with Jenkins for triggering Jenkins build using Webhooks.

Problem is Webhooks not appearing in my JIRA Admin Advanced section frame of JIRA evaluation version. I have plain JIRA software installed in my Windows 10 machine with couple of plugins.  Could you please suggest what could have went wrong in my local instance? Or is this not part of evaluation version?

Thanks in advance

Regards, Rama

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2019

Hi Rama,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

What app are you using to integrate Jira with Jenkins? Webhooks are not an option in Jira, that is something that is available in Bitbucket and can be used to trigger jobs in Jenkins.

Oh.. I didn't know that I have to get BitBucket. Thank you very much, Mikael for letting me know quickly.  

I have to search for any other app to trigger Jenkins build. Would you suggest something where I can have a button or Menu item on JIRA to trigger Jenkins.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2019

Normally you trigger a new build when there is new code delivered to a specific branch, and you can do that by allowing Jenkins monitor the repository, or have it triggers from Bitbucket for example.

What version control system are you using? Bitbucket only support Git, so if you are using something else Bitbucket will not work.

We are using Git Enterprise.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2019

Okay, so in that case you can follow these instructions on how to automatically trigger jobs, Continuous integration using Jenkins and Github Enterprise also have an integration with Jira I believe, just check the Github documentation.

Thank you again, Mikael.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events