Want to change Parent issue status when issue is 'Cloned and Moved'

Rizwan Rizvi March 28, 2013

I have a requirement here. The complete scenario I want is to have an option to 'Clone and Move' an issue and in doing so I want the parent issue to change its status.

DETAILS:

An issue in created in project 'A'. I want to move this issue to Project 'B' but keep a copy of the issue in Project 'A' too. When this happens I want the issue in project 'A' to change status.

I got the plugin 'Clone and Move' which helped me clone and move an issue at the same time. But not sure how I can incorporate cahnge of status with this.

3 answers

0 votes
Rizwan Rizvi March 29, 2013

I am not very familiar with coding but I do see an option of fast tracking an issue based on condition.

What would then be the condition to check if an issue was Cloned and moved.? When I clone and move an issue, there is nowhere any mention if that issue underwent a move or something.

0 votes
Rizwan Rizvi March 28, 2013

I am not very familiar with coding but I do see an option of fast tracking an issue based on condition.

What would then be the condition to check if an issue was Cloned and moved.?

I could also do one more thing. Any issue which is cloned and moved has a change invalue of Project in History. Is there a condtion I could run to see if there is change in value of project in History and then fire a transition.

0 votes
Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2013

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner

in groovyrunner plugin first copy project and then try fast track transaction on issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events