Validator...Warning Mode>

John Wood July 15, 2019

Hi all,

Very simple question this time - is there any way to make a workflow validator "warning only" - ie it will still show the warning that "X field must be updated before proceeding" but allow it to be ignored and continue submitting it?

If not the validator, is there any other way to do this, I assume it is actually quite complex because it kind of needs to remember whether you have already seen the warning or not?

Cheers

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ilya Turov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2019

Why not write it in field's description? It'll display on every create and transition screen for it, but looks like the cheapest method for me.

If you want something more flexible, Scriptrunner's behaviours have setHelpText method.

John Wood July 18, 2019

Yeah might end up just writing it in - we already use the help text i think (are those the ones that appear as little question marks?) but I was hoping there was some way to say "hey there just to be clear if you press to continue you are guaranteeing..." etc etc in a way that couldn't be ignored

Suggest an answer