Using a next-gen project and want to have concurrent sprints - how do we turn this on please?

Hugh Evans September 22, 2018

Seem to be finding conflicting info on concurrent sprints... We would like to run 2 or 3 at the same time. Any info would be great!

8 answers

3 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2018

Hi @Hugh Evans,

The Parallel sprints feature lets you enable multiple active sprints that are running in parallel with each other.

You need to enable this feature in the system configuration.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/using-parallel-sprints-797737030.html

Hugh Evans September 23, 2018

Hi Ollie,

I think there may be a bug - the option was definitely set ON but I can definitely only start one sprint at a time! 

Like Stéphane P. likes this
Hugh Evans September 25, 2018

@Ollie Guan please can you review this - there is definitely a bug when using the next-gen project... the option is turned on for sure!

Is there also some permission which needs to be set? I am an Admin,

I'd really like to get this working ASAP so your kind assistance would be MOST appreciated!

Hugh Evans September 25, 2018

@Ollie Guan there only seems to be one place to say that the solution worked - by clicking the 'tick'... how do I flag that the solution still needs followup... not even sure you see these messages... hopefully now I've tagged your name you might see it! :)

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2018

Hi @Hugh Evans,

I am not sure if multi-sprint function is supported in next-gen projects mode. You can refer to the following article:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agility-articles/Everything-you-want-to-know-about-next-gen-projects-in-Jira/ba-p/894773

Or you can directly report your questions to Atlassian Team online.

feedback.png

1 vote
anirgu November 20, 2018

I am having the same issue. I have enabled it in the admin as well.

0 votes
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2019

Here's the Jira issue to vote/watch for updates to getting parallel sprints in Next Gen projects: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17195

0 votes
Fred Huang May 7, 2019

Same here. We have this checked, it is working properly in one project, but on other projects this is not working. Any updates?

0 votes
GIo Valentin January 31, 2019

Same here as well... we started our next gen project about a month ago... but this appears to remain an open issue. Has anyone received any form of update on the status of this clear bug!?

0 votes
Brinley January 29, 2019

Same here!

0 votes
Genesis Supsup January 2, 2019

I'm having the same issue.

0 votes
Chris Wendt December 31, 2018

I am also having the same issue.  

Suggest an answer