Using Scrum/Sprints, what is the easiest way to manage capacity planning for teams sprint to sprint?

Marlo Dykes February 22, 2018

I am scrum for 6 teams and we are working towards converting from VersionOne to JIRA.  However, I've been unable to figure out how to track team capacities (individually and at team level) in JIRA without the Portfolio plugin.  Is that the only option available?  Thanks.

4 answers

0 votes
louisdj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2018

You can check other plugins like Tempo Planner if you think Portfolio is to expensive, but as far as I understand your needs, it is not possible by default. (Unless you have enough data with the answer of @Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]).

An alternative could be to write your own tool based on the Jira API, but this is depending your coding skills...

Marlo Dykes March 5, 2018

TY

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2018

This may not give you everything you need but you can see the user load in a sprint as mentioned at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/using-your-scrum-backlog-764478062.html#UsingyourScrumbacklog-WhatcanIdointheScrumbacklog?

Check out "Identify the workload for users".

The avatars for users who have work assigned to them in a sprint are shown at the top of a sprint. Click ... (next to avatars) to view the sprint workload for assignees.

0 votes
Yasser Abdallah
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2018

Provide more details please of what you expect.

0 votes
louisdj
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2018

Hi, can you give some more information about what you understand about 'track team capacities'? 

There are alternatives for Portfolio, depending on what you need (think about Tempo Planner).

Marlo Dykes February 23, 2018

Currently we plan team capacity via versionone and as items are added to a sprint the system will calculate capacity that is used so we can see when all resources are full and sprint is ready to begin... I am looking for some similar functionality within Jira.

Suggest an answer