User has a different screen when creating an issue

David Weir April 28, 2023

I have specific screen scheme for Bugs in my project. In my Bug creation screen I have set up a specific layout and fields that are required. I just made the field Affects versions a required field when creating a bug. I see the Affects versions field and that it is required to create the issue, and so do many of my team members. However, one of my team members does not see the Affects versions field, and when they are creating a ticket they don't even see the fields shown in the same layout that I have set. Why does this one user have an issue with this field and not see the same Create screen that the rest of my team sees?

1 answer

0 votes
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

Hi @David Weir 

Can you check that the user has the same role in the project? If they aren't assigned the proper permission to assign versions they won't have access.  

Also make sure that they selected the same project. Sometimes even if they are in a project when they click create issue it may have a different project listed.

Those are only some basic suggestions, as there could be numerous causes of this like workflow conditions etc, but what I suggested is a good starting point.

Best,
Clark 

David Weir April 28, 2023

Hi @Clark Everson, how do I get into user roles?

Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2023

Hi David,

you can follow this documentation: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-project-roles/

it’s almost identical for cloud and data center

best,

clark

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders