User email visibility in an issue

Esther Witteveen July 17, 2019

Before our servicedeskagents could see = with a mouse-over the e-mailadress of the user who created the issue. For I think two days now we don't see this anymore.

Does anybody know a solution?

user email visibility.JPG

2 answers

0 votes
Esther Witteveen July 18, 2019

We log on with Okta since a week. Can this be the problem?

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2019

We also use Okta and do not have this problem. I don't imagine this would cause any issue, unless Okta is somehow wiping out the email address value on user accounts (might be worth checking to see if your users still have email addresses tied to their accounts).

0 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2019

I would check (or have your Jira admin check) under "General configuration" in the Jira admin UI. There's a setting for "User email visibility" which can be toggled between:

• Public
  • Hidden
  • Masked (i.e. user at example dot com)
  • Show to logged in users only

Someone may have changed this option to "Hidden" in your case.

Esther Witteveen July 18, 2019

Hi Alex I checked this and configuration is Show to logged in users only. We are logged on

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 18, 2019

Interesting. Are you in Server/Data Center or Cloud? You might try toggling to a different option (like Hidden) and then back to "Show to logged in users only" to see if this resets anything.

Ilya Lagutin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 12, 2019

Tried to select Hidden, update and then go back to Show to logged only. Thre's no changes. Users emails still unavailable via UI and API (Jira Cloud)

Suggest an answer