User Story Map does show mapped Epics that are excluded in Board Filter

Matthias Pottmeier
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 30, 2022

The Easy Agile Story map shows Capabilities and Epics that are specifically excluded in the board filter.

Filter:

(key != ABC-1234 AND key != ABC-1235 AND key != ABC-1236) AND project = "Project Name" AND issuetype in (Epic, Task, Story) ORDER BY Rank ASC

Epics and Capabilities do not appear in the backlog, so the filter seems to work. Although -  the epics show up in the board filter results, even though they shouldn't from my understanding.

Easy Agile Story help says:

Why am I seeing issues on my Story Map that I don’t see on my backlog?
Copy to clipboard
This can happen if you haven’t mapped an issue status to a board column. This is because we use the board JQL filter and don’t integrate with a board’s column config.

To fix this, you can either map any unmapped statuses to columns or if this is intended, explicitly exclude issues with those status(es) from your board filter.

I have checked and there are no unmapped issues at all in my jira.

Anyone got an idea on how to fix this? I would like to use the story map for a presentation but exclude those Capabilities and Epics I am not focussing on right now.

Thanks a lot

1 answer

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2022

Hi @Matthias Pottmeier -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

As this symptom is specifically for that addon product, I recommend contacting the vendor's support team directly.  You can find their contact information on this marketplace page:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212078/easy-agile-user-story-maps-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=support

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer