Use Subtask templates to fill Gantt chart filds

Thomas Kluge May 3, 2023

I would like to per filled our Gantt Chart fields by subtask templates like that:

Circuit diagram / assignee:"@current"; duedate:"@now+1m"; customfield_10181:"@now";  Enddatum(WBSGantt):"@now+1m"; component:"HW: new development"

but it doesn't work.  Any Idea how it could work?

Many Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 vote
Alessandro Portela Cristiano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2023

Hello @Thomas Kluge , thanks for posting your question in the community!

My name is Alessandro and I work on Ricksoft Support Team.

Just to get a bit of context of your request - my understanding is that you are creating a Sub-task template by using Issue Templates for Jira by Deviniti?

This will help to make sure we're building the same scenario as you on our end and testing the possibilities. :)

Cheers,

Alessandro C.
Support Team | Ricksoft

Thomas Kluge May 8, 2023

Hello @Alessandro Portela Cristiano , Thanks for your answer.
The Issue template we don't use. I work for a Automotive company and I'm a end user. I found this in the Help box

Id: com.hascode.plugin.jira-quick-subtasks:hascode-qtasks-duedate-extension (v1.0.0)
maybe it helps? Sorry that I can't answer more precised
Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Alessandro Portela Cristiano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2023

Thanks for the additional information, @Thomas Kluge!

From what we could investigate, it looks like the app in question has been discontinued since December 2018. So there may be a chance that your macros are not working due to the changes made to Jira and WBS Gantt-chart since then.

However, the documentation also explains how to debug the application.
Maybe you can follow the steps suggested to debug and find out what is preventing your template for working.

From WBS Gantt-chart perspective, since it uses Jira Custom Fields  to work, theoretically, you shouldn't have any problems getting information from them.

Alternatively, if you have available on your instance, you could use other tools like Scriptrunner our Automation for Jira to achieve the same results. Maybe that is worth checking out as well!

In any case, if you have any further findings you would like to check after debugging Jira Quick Subtasks, let us know, we will be happy to help!

Kind Regards,
Alessandro C. - Support Engineer
Ricksoft Support Team

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
1 vote
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2023

Hi, @Thomas Kluge 👋  Welcome to the community.

Since the community has been unresponsive on this topic it's probably best if you open a WBS Gantt support ticket (assuming you didn't already think to do that yourself 😉).

It would be great of you share the solution here after you find it for others to find here on the community in the future.

Best,

-dave

Suggest an answer