Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unsaved Changes

I am working with my Product Owner updated stories.  When she or I updates a story and saves it, the next time I pull it up there are "Unsaved Changes". I can see the updates Even if I refresh my screen,  when I click into the description box to edit it, the updates are lost.  We have wasted alot of time trying to figure out this problem.    What's going on?

3 answers

2 votes

Hello @rowena_stermer,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Testing on my local site, I tried to replicate this behavior, but I wasn’t able to. 

I used two accounts to test that, and if account A edits the description and doesn’t save, the updates are not shown when accessing using account B, unless account A saves the description. 

There was a bug related to unsaved changes (it mentions only comments, but the editor is the same for both fields):

Can you please give us more details about all the steps you are following? Are you both editing the same issues at the same time?

On what screen this issue is happening (backlog, roadmap, board, advanced issue search)? 

Kind regards,
Angélica

Hi Angelica, this is affecting me too on a regular basis and it is very frustrating 

I have captured a video (let me know if you would like a copy) but in summary the Description says 'unsaved changes' so I edit, and save, and it saves but still says 'unsaved changes' 

I definitely do not have any unsaved changes! It is not related to the bug you mention regarding lost unsaved changes. 

It is intermittent and has been happening for several weeks now. I thought maybe it was just me but clearly not 

Hi Kerrie,

Thanks for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

I tested again on my local site, but I wasn’t able to replicate the issue.

Searching for similar issues, I found one that was recently escalated for further investigation and I saw the videos and screenshots shared by the user, but even following the same steps, the issue didn’t happen on my site.

I can see that you are a user of a Standard Jira site, so please, ask your site administrator to create a ticket on support.atlassian.com/contact and share it with you, so you can talk to our support team. With a support ticket, you can share the video and also allow them to access your site, so they can try to replicate it and if necessary, they can also escalate the issue. 

Kind regards,
Angélica

Hi,

We're experiencing the same issue with the Jira Cloud product.  I can send a zoom screen share recording if you want.  Do you know when this will be fixed?  I can also share my screen with you if you want to see it live.

Thanks,

Jeramie

Hi Jeramie,

This has now been replicated and logged as a bug - see link in my other comment. If it is still affecting you it would be great if you could vote on the bug to get it fixed. 

0 votes

Hello @JanK and @Jeramie,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

The issue that you are facing is related to a known bug. For more details, please check the ticket below:

Please, click on “This affects my team” and also watch to receive updates about the bug fix.

Kind regards,
Angélica

I'm also observing this issue, minus the changes being lost. It seems that my changes are saved (I found that out by checking the edit date in comment), but then sometimes, when I come back to the issue, it says there are unsaved changes. And in the issue description, I'm not sure if there really are any, as I don't have any way to check if the changes are visible to others or not.

This has now been logged as a bug here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-76959

Please add your vote to the bug so that Atlassian can monitor impact and get it fixed asap. 

Thanks, Kerrie.  This design of unsaved changes for Description has stung our team a couple of times already, where unsaved changes by one person later replaced subsequent edits by other people.

The "work-around" seems to be never leave that field with unsaved changes.  A better design would perhaps be to abandon/discard all unsaved changes.

__Bill

Like Kerrie likes this

Yes we have encountered the same too. There should at the v least be a warning if you navigate away from a page when there are unsaved changes, as well as a warning if two users are editing the same record at the same time. 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🎨 Add some visual life to your templates

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is Avni Barman, and I am a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Based on feedback from you, we are giving admins more power to create templates that a...

231 views 4 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you