Undo description update

victor July 10, 2018

Hi there,
Is it possible to undo a description update? 

In activity history I can see the latest update made to the description field and I want to undo it but it doesn't seem available. 

Thanks for your help!

Victor

4 answers

5 votes
victor July 10, 2018

Ok :(

My problem is not really related to the text because yes you can retrieve what's been added or removed.
My problem is we had edited the ticket by striking the items already done but this formatting isn't visible anymore in activity history... 

That'd be a nice feature to be able to simply rollback the latest change(s) directly from activity history section... 

Thanks anyway for your reply.

Cheers

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2018

No, there's no undo, you have to go find the old data and put it back as a new update.

0 votes
Vladislav April 7, 2021

Hi Victor,

If you are looking to revert back table formatting then do following:

- Copy entire previous value of Description field from History tab. History tab supposed to contain all required data.

- Then paste to Notrpad++

For Header row add double vertical slashes || and replace single slashes for second row first cell.

Example:

||№||Column2||Column3||Colunb4||Column5||Column6||

|2nd row|

- Then edit Description field, remove all current value and Paste all data from Notepad++.

This should work. 

At least it works on 8.13.* JIRA Server.

Regards,

Vlad

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2018

Hello,

You can not undo changes. You have to enter the old value to the description field.

Suggest an answer