Undo 'card move' and revert to last status? - Jira

Judah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2018

Many of my workflows have post-functions or listeners attached to transitions that will fire when a card is moved. 

Say I am working in a Kanban board and I move a card, whether it be a story, bug or task etc...If I inadvertently move the wrong card or move the correct card but to the wrong status and my post-function or listener fires....

Regardless of what the listener does, is there a way to 'undo' that move and thus all of the actions attached to that transition? 

For instance, if by moving a card it creates a sub-task under that story and I move the wrong card, is there a "UNDO" feature or revert to last status feature that I can use to undo the transition and all of its subsequent listeners and post-functions? 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2018

Hello,

You would need to setup your undo tasks in your undo tranistion.

For example, if you moved an issue from the New status to In progress status and created a sub-taks, then you need to delete this sub-task if you Undo this operation (move from In progress to New). You should implement this logic yourself. Jira can not do it for you.

Judah
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2018

Thank you for your prompt response

Suggest an answer