Unable to view worklogs when added in logtime

Systools Group April 22, 2020

We are unable to view the Logs in burndown chart if added to Log time for tasks, because of which the burndown chart data shows incorrect down line.  

Steps we go through to add these logs in tasks are : 

Click to view the task

Click on Action (...)

Select Log time from the drop down list

Log time pop-up window opens, add Worked* time and submit it. 

Please guide me how to view the Logs in burndown chart. 

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2020

Hello @Systools Group

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, I understand that your Burndown chart is not displaying the time spent in your tasks and measuring it against the initial time estimate for your Issues. Is that correct?

Could you please provide us a screenshot of how your burndown chart is displaying, hiding the sensitive information it might have?

In order to confirm that we are on the same page, please allow me to bring you some concepts about the Burndown chart:

A Burndown Chart shows the actual and estimated amount of work to be done in a sprint. You can select multiple ways to show this estimation (Story Points, Time tracking, Issue Count). Since you want it to be based on Time tracking, you must configure your board estimation by following these steps:

1. Navigate to your board > Board Settings > Estimations
  2. Select your board to be based in Original Time estimate, considering "remaining estimate" and "Time Spent" fields
    Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 19.03.35.png

Once you configure the time estimation to be based on time tracking, this is the meaning of each line in the Chart:

1. The grey line (Guideline) will show how much time you will need to complete your Sprint based on the initial estimation.
  2. The red line (Remaining values) will burn down based on the work logged for your issues, considering the initial estimation of your Sprint
  3. The green line (Time Spent) will burn-up based on the work logged for your issues, also considering the initial estimation of your Sprint

For more information on how the Burndown chart works, please check the documentation below:

View and understand the burndown chart 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Systools Group October 30, 2020

Hi Petter,

With reference to the previous question, The logs that are getting added are going in Tempo and it is not getting reflected on Burndown chart. We tried checking the settings but could not find any.

Can you help me to understand the overall working of the Tempo and its logs and how the effects are  visible in burndown chart? It would be great if someone can help me to call and give a demo on the same. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events