Unable to trigger Issue Moved notification

Raymond Shih May 3, 2012

I'm having trouble triggering the Issue Moved email notification when moving an issue from one project to another.

Here is some context:

I am the project lead for Project A and Project B. Both projects utilize the Default Notification Scheme. As a test, I added the project lead to receive a notification for the Issue Deleted event. I then created an issue in Project A where I was neither the Current Assignee, a Watcher, nor the Reporter of the issue. I then deleted the issue. As the project lead, I received an Issue Deleted notification. I conducted the same test in Project B as well. This proves that emails are working and that the Default Notification Scheme is properly hooked up to Project A and Project B.

Now, I added the project lead to receive a notification for the Issue Moved event. However, when I created an issue in Project A and then moved it to Project B, I didn't receive an Issue Moved notification even though I am the project lead for both the source and destination projects.

I am both the project lead and a member of the administrators group for both Project A and Project B, and both projects use the same permissions scheme which allows the administrators to move and delete issues so I'm thinking permissions shouldn't be an issue here.

3 answers

0 votes
David G February 24, 2014

Ray, you might want to try the Notification Helper. If you're running 6.1+, you can simply go into the issue itself, click the Admin drop down along the Ops Bar (to the right of Edit, Comment, Assign, More, etc...), and select Notification Helper. Select the user, and Move Notification, and click Submit. That should tell you where the issue is.

If you're running 6.0, you can go into your Notification Scheme itself, and select Notification Helper in the upper right. Enter the ticket number, along with user, and Move Notification, and click Submit.

We are using 6.1+ and Move Issue notification fires properly for all parties entered on the Notification Scheme.

0 votes
Stefan Wallin February 24, 2014

This issue might be relevant.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-8819

0 votes
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2012

Ray, as per what you said, makes totally sense, you should be receiving a notification when moving an issue from Project A to Project B. This would require some deeper investigation, I think. Have you tried to add the administrators group on the "Move Issues" transition? Just to make sure that it won't work with a group as well.

I would recommend you to open a ticket on support.atlassian.com for further investigation.

Cheers,

Bruno Rosa

Suggest an answer