Unable to play attached mp4 video

Deleted user June 19, 2018

Hello,

We have attached some mp4 video with our 1449 issue and those video were playing fine but after re indexing and restore the backup, these videos are not playing. We can open all other format attachment like image, excel files. Problem only with mp4 videos.

Regards

Pravesh

4 answers

0 votes
Anna Walser
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 28, 2020

I can report the same issue: trying attaching a 4mb mp4 video to a next gen ticket fails, same as for adding the video into any text field. The error message is not helpful as it doesn't give any details. 

This is happening on cloud but just saw this is a server thread. Leaving this here anyway

0 votes
Krishna Dass August 21, 2020

SAME ISSUE HERE!

0 votes
Prasadie Senadheera April 23, 2020

I can't attach a 11MB mp4 file to a JIRA ticket. Tried drag and drop and it didn't work. So i had to zip the file and then attach. What's the maximum file size allowed in JIRA?

0 votes
Suren Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2018

Hi Scott,

Thanks for contacting Atlassian Support!

Can you attempt to reproduce this error in another browser What is the size of the video? I believe this could be caused by improper caching of large video files. 

Kind Regard

Suren Raj

Stephen Lee
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 10, 2021

Was this ever resolved? We are seeing this issue after updating to 8.16.0

Lubomir Styskala May 14, 2021

We moved from Jira 8.14.1 to 8.16.0 - we cant play the attached mp4 files now. I created an issue for this. I will let you if anything help. 

Lubomir Styskala May 17, 2021

I was able to solve the issue by following a workaround described here: Video attachments stopped playing on issues in Chrome/Safari browsers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events