Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unable to play attached mp4 video

Deleted user Jun 19, 2018

Hello,

We have attached some mp4 video with our 1449 issue and those video were playing fine but after re indexing and restore the backup, these videos are not playing. We can open all other format attachment like image, excel files. Problem only with mp4 videos.

Regards

Pravesh

4 answers

0 votes
Suren Raj Atlassian Team Jun 19, 2018

Hi Scott,

Thanks for contacting Atlassian Support!

Can you attempt to reproduce this error in another browser What is the size of the video? I believe this could be caused by improper caching of large video files. 

Kind Regard

Suren Raj

Was this ever resolved? We are seeing this issue after updating to 8.16.0

We moved from Jira 8.14.1 to 8.16.0 - we cant play the attached mp4 files now. I created an issue for this. I will let you if anything help. 

I was able to solve the issue by following a workaround described here: Video attachments stopped playing on issues in Chrome/Safari browsers

I can't attach a 11MB mp4 file to a JIRA ticket. Tried drag and drop and it didn't work. So i had to zip the file and then attach. What's the maximum file size allowed in JIRA?

SAME ISSUE HERE!

I can report the same issue: trying attaching a 4mb mp4 video to a next gen ticket fails, same as for adding the video into any text field. The error message is not helpful as it doesn't give any details. 

This is happening on cloud but just saw this is a server thread. Leaving this here anyway

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Management

JSM June ask me anything (AMA)

Hello Community members! We’re wrapping up the end of JSM June with an Ask Me Anything (AMA) with the Jira Service Management product team. This is your chance to ask all your ITSM questions to o...

246 views 12 14
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you