Unable to hide Custom Field in Edit Screen

J Manas Kumar December 17, 2019

Hi I have a Edit type Custom Field, which i am using for section divider, but when i am trying to hide that field using by name or field ID i am unable to do it. i have added the field screenshot below.custom field.PNGcustom field 1.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Ling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2019

Hello @J Manas Kumar

Where are you trying to hide your field? What fields that are showing on an issue is based on some different aspects in which the basic ones are:

• Is the field on the corrects screens?
  • The field configuration for the issue type
  • Does it contain any value? (otherwise it will be hidden in the view screen)

So I would take a look at those aspects and get back to me if you have any questions. I found this link about the Message Custom Field (for edit). I'll put it here in case it's useful.

Best regards,

Alexander

J Manas Kumar December 18, 2019

Hi @Alexander Ling 

actually i have created custom edit field to use as a section divider, so under the section divider i have some fields, in the edit page of an issue i am able to hide those fields but unable to hide the Section Divider field. 

For reference i have added a screen share , here you can see when my project type == agile , i am able to hide SDLC fields but the SDLC section field i am not able to hide.

Yes it has a value , i have added in field configuration in value field = "<h3><strong>SDLC Requirements</strong></h3>".

this HTML code i have added , so that the section could get a name.So here you can see that how this is happening, i mean fields are hidden but the section is not hidden, i even tried with GetFieldByID and Name, but nothing seems working.

sdlc.PNGsdlc 2.PNG

Suggest an answer