Unable to find "Application Links"

Shweta Tanna June 27, 2019

The documentation says as below :

Create an application link

1. In Jira, navigate to Jira settings (cog icon) > Applications > Application links.
  2. In the Enter the URL of the application you want to link field, enter any URL, for example,  http://example.com/, and then click Create new link. Ignore the No response was received from the URL you entered warning that is displayed and click Continue.
  3. On the first screen of the Link applications dialog, select the Create incoming link checkbox (1).

But I am trying to find this option with user who has admin access,but I can damn nowhere find out this option 

1 answer

2 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2019

Hi @Shweta_Tanna,

Those instructions are for Jira Server, if you are on Jira Cloud please follow these instructions, Using AppLinks to link to other applications

Shweta Tanna July 1, 2019

Thanks, I was able to find App Links there,

I have a few queries if you can help I will be really grateful

1. How do I add local path there in application link? for dev purpose? 

2. I want to integrate JIRA API into my application, there will be users who are not part of JIRA, how do I authorize them? Is there any example which can help?

Suggest an answer