Unable to access Jira ticket in restricted environment even after whitelisting ip addresses

Edward Ebert May 15, 2019

My company has a very tightly controlled Windows environment used for certain purposes.  We want to add Jira to it so that we can see and update tickets. 

We've  whitelisted Jira ip addresses from this document:  https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/atlassian-cloud-ip-ranges-and-domains-744721662.html. 

I can login to Jira (via Okta SSO).   I can see the list of our projects. But clicking on any, or on the Dashboard, results in a blank panel.  A URL to a specific ticket is also blank.   

I'd appreciate any advice or guidance on what else we need to do so that we can access tickets in our locked down environment.

We're running Windows 10 and I've tried both Chrome and Firefox browsers.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2019

Hello Ed,

To further investigate your issue, I think we will need the logs in the JavaScript console of your browser when reproducing the problem, mainly if it returns any errors.

Can you please provide us if there are any errors returned there but hiding the confidential information it may have? You can also search for similar questions in the community while we investigate it. 

Additionally, doublecheck if there are any firewall, proxy or even browser configuration that might be blocking Atlassian IPs or domains.

For further troubleshooting in case it does not helps, we will need the Har file of your browser, however, it can return confidential information of your browser that cannot be shared on the community so we recommend you to open a Standard support ticket in the link below:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Let us know if this information helps or if you have decided to open a standard ticket.

Edward Ebert May 17, 2019

Hi, thanks for the reply.  I think we finally found the last ip we needed to whitelist.   We were missing cloudfront.net.  

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2019

You are welcome, Ed.

Have a nice week. :)

Suggest an answer