Transition Parent issue condition based on subtask status

Debi McGill November 10, 2011

I want it to block the transition of the parent issue to Resolved if subtasks are still open.

I have the following condition set in my workflow:

All sub-tasks must have one of the following statuses to allow parent issue transitions: Closed.

My sub-tasks are in Open state, and the Parent issue transition is allowed to progress anyway.

Any suggestions?

2 answers

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2011

Scripting required for extra control but there is a standard "subtask blocking" condition, which requires all subtasks to be resolved (that is has a resolution, not necessarily the "resolved" status).

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2011

Jamie above is right. He has written a very good scripting plugin (you should try it!).

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2011

@Jamie On a second thought, I hope this is not counted as avertising. If yes, mod me down :)

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2011

Heh, thanks ;-) Radu also has a written a scripting plugin which looks very interesting. I have not tried it I confess, because for me groovy is the Simple Issue Language.

1 vote
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2011

Yet another scripting problem:

Plugins: https://plugins.atlassian.com/search/with?q=scripting&product=all

Check them out.

Suggest an answer