Time Tracking Report by Assignee by date

Belen Carri March 15, 2019

Hi, I need a Report where the principal key be the "Assignee" and the information shown be the Time spent by day and then by issue as a secondario data. This report will be usefull por project resources workload administration. I try to make a filter but all is sumarized or shown by issue type and I need by person or assigned. Is that tecnically possible ? In that case, is this have to be made by the Server Administrator Right ?

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2019

@Belen CarriThe simplest solution would be to use one of the many addons for worklogs display. You can simply search for "worklogs" on https://marketplace.atlassian.com/

Great ! I will explore it !

Thanks

Like Urszula Kaczorek likes this
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 16, 2023

@Belen Carri and anyone interested in reporting on time spent by assignees on Jira issues: one of those Marketplace apps mentioned above is Better Excel Exporter for Jira which comes with a dedicated template for worklog reporting.

Read this tutorial article on how to generate a Time spent by assignee Excel report.

You can export Jira issues with their worklogs in a plain style:

Image with no description

Or create a Time spent by Assignee type of report with charts:

20220125-better-excel-exporter-jira-cloud-worklog-report-per-user.png

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2019

@Belen Carri As far as the part of ordering the results by Assignee, and then by issue type, is concerned, this is possible in JQL, but I am not sure whether you are actually using JQL. Secondly, how are you planning to calculate Time Spent per day?

Could you please elaborate more on this?

Hi, thanks for the response. Yes I am using the JQL but not need to sort the info by "assigned",  I need diferent pint of view of the data. Let me explian, I Need something similar to the detalis showned below the Burndown Chart that is ( Day, Issue, Event, Time Spent) BUT I need the person who logged the work.
In fact, I need the log work by assigged by day. And the answer for you question related to further calculation of time spent by day is yes :) and then by week.

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2019

This does not look possible out-of-the-box in JIRA. You may try a Time management related add-on for JIRA, which provides visibility to such data through its ou-of-the-box reports. "Tempo Timesheets" is a really good and mostly used add-on for this purpose. You can find this on Altassian Marketplace here and install a trial version for your testing: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6572/tempo-timesheets?hosting=server&tab=overview

Ok, thanks for your help, I will Explore the add-on !

Suggest an answer