Time Tracking FixVersion

Nicole Durgin April 30, 2019

Hello, 

When using JIRA, our team uses FixVersions and we want to be able to track how much time was spent on a certain FixVersion over a set period of time, whether it be one week, one month etc.. I cannot figure out if there is a way to do this. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

2 answers

3 votes
Sebastian Brudziński
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 30, 2019

Hello @Nicole Durgin 

One way to achieve this would be to use one of the time tracking apps available on the Atlassian Marketplace. Worklogs - Time Reports for Jira developed by us provides an easy way to categorize the logged time by fix version or any other Jira issue field, and additionally allows you to filter the worklogs by projects, users, groups, dates or even custom JQL.

See how I'm tracking the time spent on each release in my project with worklogs:

worklogs-by-fix-version.png

Best regards,
Sebastian

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2019

if you don't want to use an addon then the best I could suggest would be to run a query based upon the fix version and export to CSV including the logged time. Use excel to generate reports as desired.

Suggest an answer